Jan 11, 2023
How Bigger Bodies Can Go Barefoot
– The MOVEMENT Movement with Steven Sashen Episode 155 with Charlotte Young Bowens
Charlotte Young Bowens is the founder of Conscious Gear, an emerging outdoor brand committed to celebrating body diversity in the outdoors with outerwear and outdoor gear designed by and for bigger-bodied outdoor enthusiasts. Charlotte started the business after a health scare where she learned she had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, borderline diabetic and was morbidly obese. She knew things had to change. What started out as 2 minutes at a 2-mph on a treadmill, evolved into crossing the finish line of her first 50-mile ultramarathon a mere 16 months later. Charlotte believes the outdoors belongs to everyBODY. Conscious Gear will ensure that bigger-bodied outdoor enthusiasts have adequate gear and activewear to explore outdoor activities of their own choosing. Bigger Bodies Matter.
Listen to this episode of The MOVEMENT Movement with Charlotte Young Bowens about how bigger bodies can go barefoot.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
- Why you don’t have to be a certain size to try minimalist shoes or barefoot running.
- How going barefoot might cause some aches and pains at first, but ultimately, your body will adapt.
- How traditional sports shoes are not designed with bigger bodies in mind and why that’s problematic.
- Why people with bigger bodies need to focus on goals for themselves, not society.
- How our bodies are capable of doing amazing things if we try
Connect with Charlotte:
Guest Contact Info
Connect with Steven: