Jul 7, 2021
Run Faster by Running Slower (and Much More)
– The MOVEMENT Movement with Steven Sashen Episode 096 with Dr. Phil Maffetone
Dr. Phil Maffetone’s credo is that “everyone is an athlete.” As a health and fitness trendsetter he has perhaps had more positive impact on a wider variety of people than anyone in modern history. From professional and Olympic athletes in virtually every sport, to average people from all walks of life, his system for achieving optimum human performance by tapping into the human body’s fat-burning system has helped millions of people achieve their goals in sports, business and life.
During his two decades in private practice and beyond, Dr. Maffetone has been a respected pioneer in the field of complementary medicine, bringing the latest advances to health-care professionals around the world. He is an internationally recognized researcher, educator, clinician and author in the field of nutrition, exercise and sports medicine, and biofeedback.
Listen to this episode of The MOVEMENT Movement with Dr. Phil Maffetone about running faster by running slower.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
- Why it’s vital for training services to be personalized to the person they serve.
- How people can take seconds off of their running time by conserving glycogen.
- Why the body’s metabolism changes to adapt to energy needs when intensity increases.
- How people can get injured because of chronic inflammation due to increased body fat.
- What the 180 Formula is and how people can use it to their
Connect with Dr. Maffetone:
Guest Contact Info
Connect with Steven: